Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 2

 
Day Two:
Weight 208.0
FELT GREAT YESTERDAY!
I can actually see my belly is smaller and less puffy (which at over 200 lbs is no small feat).  I am carrying a ton of post pregnancy and c-section weight in my belly.  Ok, that is an understatement. My belly is disproportionately large to the rest of my overweight body.  It hangs a good four inches lower than where it should be.  I have a weird loss of sensation in my lower abdomen.  But my daughters were worth it!
 
 
Breakfast -

Same as yesterday but after nibbling a bit on the dry flax yesterday and trying it with coconut milk and heated today, I quickly realize that the gooey excretion from the flax is not a fantastic mouth-feel. Note to self: eat it dry tomorrow.
 
 
Lunch -

More of the same as yesterday - the horribly over-gingered soup. It is barely palatable and because I also get a gorgeous salad along with it, I gave up after 10 bites.  The mixed greens, avocado, and apple salad act as a sort of palate cleanser (and in this case, palate cooler) in between spoonfuls of soup. The salad is basic and totally edible.
 
 
Snack - OOPS - yes, that's right. I was so busy with kids and cleaning up and, well, LIFE, I completely forgot my snack. And that is actually not cool because snack on Day Two is the first TEST on The Plan! ALMONDS.

So, here is the thing. I LOVE almonds. Almond flavoring in my latte, almond croissant, anything marzipan, anything prepared almondine. Give me almonds. As a pre-diabetic, almonds are supposed to be so good for me. I ate them almost every day of the 2nd and 3rd trimesters when pregnant with F. So, I figured...no issue. I mean, HOW could I react to ALMONDS?
 
 
Dinner -

As I began preparing dinner, I suddenly realized I had failed to eat the snack so I eat the almonds and half pear as I am prepping the kale. (The book says to use leftovers from the night before but I was happy to share my kale with my husband the night before and I am really cautious about leftovers because I am sensitive to tyramine).
30 minutes later, I am blissfully chewing mouthfuls of sauteed kale in leftover Spicy Coco Sauce (still super yummy but way better the first night when it was fresh) and I feel the burn on the side of my tongue. Just a wee bit. I have felt it before when eating the bagged Fruit and Nut mix from Costco...which contains almonds. I brush the thought aside but cannot ignore that within a few more minutes, I am starting to feel a bit warm on my cheeks and I am getting a bit of nasal congestion.
Is it the almonds or the basmati rice?
I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I STUPIDLY AT THE ALMONDS LESS THAN 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE MEAL!
And now a migraine sets in. It is likely the almonds. I Google to find they are on some of the tyramine lists but not all.   
So...now what?
I scour the book to try to see how long a reaction may take...1-2 hours. But nowhere do I read how long of a spacing there should be between meals. So...I decide to conduct my own "clarifying test". 2 hours after dinner, I eat 5 more of the raw, unsalted, slightly sweet and oh so lovely almonds.
I can FEEL the bloat in my tummy.
So I guess we will have to wait and see. I don't want to repeat this day but think I will add almonds back to my list to retest later. I don't want to delay...anniversaries come but once a year and a 15th will hopefully only ever come once. I want to be through this testing phase by then. But darn it! Darn the almonds!!!!!!!!!
 
And by the way...I went "No Poo" recently too...so I feel totally less than human right now. My husband went out for a drink with co-workers after work today. I stayed home with the girls. He just looked at me now and asked if I was planning to take a shower today. Yeah, THAT made me feel sexy. So here I am, bloated belly and greasy no-poo hair.
Perhaps one of these days I will pull it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment