Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 5

205.2 DOWN and I ate CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I did not react to goats milk cheese!!! {insert the happy dance here}

Now I have to go hunt down rye crackers. I would have thought Whole Foods would have had them, but NO.  They have three other kinds of Wasa Crisps but not Rye.  Gah.  I hate running all over town. If I am not reactive, I will start ordering some online.

Breakfast -

I am out of granola and failed to prep more last night.  A few days ago, while searching unsuccessfully for rye crackers at Whole Foods, I found flax crackers called "Flackers" by Doctor in the Kitchen.  The ingredients in their Cinnamon & Currant crackers are the same as in The Plan's Flax Granola with just some added Apple Cider Vinegar, so I grabbed a box for flax seed emergencies.  Today, I had just such an emergency.  6 Flackers and a handful of blueberries for breakfast.  The Flackers are slightly chewy and easy to grab.  I won't rely on them, but they are great to have on hand.

http://www.drinthekitchen.com/products.html

Lunch -

More broccoli soup and salad - good to go! And my dearest husband saved the day by picking up rye crackers for me at a local grocery. 

Snack -

1 Light Rye Wasa with raw almond butter. AMAZING.  The Wasa reminded me of childhood.  It was a food my mother used to buy. Eating crackers or crisp breads always makes me feel a strange mixture of childhood remembrance and grownup foodie bliss.  The almond butter, well, I am pleased to report it did not get nasty in the fridge and is still high on my list of favorite foods on The Plan. 

Dinner -

First, let me say... Manchego cheese is sweet buttery goodness in block form. Yum.  At $14.99/lb, I have to be careful my hubby does not make a meal of just cheese. We grated it and sprinkled it over the zucchini...hope that was the right way to do it! SO GOOD!

Our Whole Foods had two kinds, raw and pasteurized.  I opted for pasteurized as I am still nursing my infant daughter.

I still don't love zucchini and lament that this is a zucchini-heavy meal plan, but I want health more than I dislike zucchini, so I will make it work for now. Covering it in Manchego is a good start.

Now, let's talk about the inappropriately named apricot sauce.  You may know this flavor better as BUFFALO SAUCE.  I can't normally have buffalo sauce as I am allergic to yellow food dye (and yes, the sauce is orange.  Please refer to your 4th grade science book for what makes up the color orange).  It is not at the top of my favorite flavor list and I was a little disappointed that the gorgeous organic apricot jam I bought ended up this way, but I will say it was a pleasant surprise to have something that was so bright and flavorful.  We made the mistake of cooking it (spread it on the chicken as a glaze and roasted it).  But I had some leftover uncooked and that made a great topping. I do think I would cut the water down in the future and keep the sauce a little thick so I could enjoy the jammy-ness of it.

Somewhere in the shopping list it said we could swap Sriracha for Adobo and so did so in the Spicy Apricot Sauce.  Maybe that is what made it so buffalo-y?  In any case, we made it work and it was good!

By the way, did I mention I can have chocolate now?  1 ounce of dark chocolate a day.  Such a beautiful end to my dinner.  Oh, to end every day with chocolate...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog while searching for The Plan while breastfeeding. I saw you added additional water to your diet. Were there any other changes you had to make? The consultation fees are so expensive I would like to avoid that!

    ReplyDelete