Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 3

Day Three

Weight: 206.6 - DOWN!  And I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant with my first daughter.  207 was a milestone for me.

So...maybe I am not reactive to almonds or maybe what I had is some sort of reaction but not an inflammatory response.  I felt wretched last night but maybe it is just good ol' fashioned DETOX. 

I am so focused on listening to my body for reactivity that I momentarily have forgotten that my wacky, super sensitive system could have other kinds of reactions other than inflammation.  And the fact is, this is a CLEANSE.  The nasty side effects of which include but are not limited to headaches and general wretchedness.

But I am feeling better today and riding high on weight loss and apparent ability to eat almonds without reaction, so I am ready to TEST something!

Now, here is where it gets tricky.

For Days 1 & 2, I followed the book.  The book as published January 2013 and sold on Amazon.  The book.  Heck, it might as well be The Book at this point. 

But what's this over here....????  Lyn-Genet's website!  http://lyngenet.com/
And after combing through for a rumored shopping list, I find....
TIPS FOR BOOK READERS (smh)
http://lyngenet.com/tips-for-book-readers/

....complete with new, updated menus and a cookbook.

I asked via her Facebook page what should I do, switch or stay...and the answer was switch.  So today's test was POTATOES!

Oh yeah.  Those lumps of starchy goodness...made in to Cream of Broccoli soup.  {sigh}

Breakfast -

Dried was better. At like granola by hand, drank cup of coconut milk warmed and ate blueberries.  Felt more in tune with breakfast, did not wolf it down today. 

Lunch -

Salad with apples and avocado and carrots & seeds = yum!  And here it comes...Cream of Broccoli soup is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.  I used sriracha in it and it is so good, I am happy to report it neither smelled like feet (as I often believe cooked broccoli does) nor did it taste like anything I have ever had that began with the words "Cream of...".  It is thick and delicious and spicy and rich.  I won't be giving up on this soup after 10 bites!

Snack -

Per the menu, snack is 12-15 almonds.  I grabbed a small handful, and I have small hands.  I have to think there were 10-12 in there.  I ate them as I cleaned up around the kitchen, juggling the baby and trying not to worry about the reaction I had yesterday.

Dinner -

Chicken with Italian Herbs and orange zest on a bed of arugula.  Well, I somehow missed that it was actually supposed to be a HALF portion, 2-3 ounces, and ate a healthy 4 ounce portion.  I did not have arugula, so it was mixed greens.  And after the Great Bloody Knuckle Orange Zest Incident of 2013, I was not zesting anything tonight. 

In fact, I was in a HURRY.  I would love to dedicate the time it takes to cook the way these recipes deserve (and maybe the way I deserve) but I don't have that kind of time.  I have a 4 year old with a voiding dysfunction which means I am in the bathroom with her every 30 minutes and doing loads of her laundry for the umpteen wet accidents a day, and a 10 month old with silent reflux and laryngomalacia, so I am holding her upright literally 50% of the day. 

So tonight's dinner was thrown together and took exactly as long as the chicken took to bake, which was longer than the recipe called for (maybe our oven runs cold).

I still had some leftover Carrot and Beet salad and the oven roasted vegetables side dish for the dinner menu was neither in the cards for us timewise nor palate wise (ugh...oven roasted veggies...why????  NO MORE ZUCCHINI!  I am putting my foot down!), so I sauteed some onions and garlic and just in the last two minutes, threw the remains of the beets and carrots in on top to warm but not cook.   I know, I know...I should be sticking with the menus as prescribed.  But it just isn't happening for me yet!

In the end, it was fine. Nothing remarkable, but all totally edible.

And I think I am getting closer to getting all that water in!

No comments:

Post a Comment