Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 4

Day 4
Weight 206.2   Down...but only by .4


I was just not expecting this.  I guess it could have been the beets consumed contrary to the menu...or did I react to potatoes?  My scale only weighs in .2 increments, and following the calculations for failure to drink water, I think this is probably about right sans reaction, so I am going to be grateful for my .4 and MOVE ON!

Breakfast -

Last of the flax granola batch I made before beginning the Plan.  Today is NOT the day to run out of stuff!  We have a COSTCO trip today...which, considering it is almost an hour drive each way and with two small children in tow means I can easily kiss 4 + hours goodbye from my schedule today.

Lunch -

Menu says left over roast veg but I failed to make those last night, so soup and salad it shall be!  "More Cream of Broccoli soup?"  "Why, yes, thank you!"  And, as I have quickly learned, no soup on the Plan would be complete without it's accompanying side salad! I have been buying the prewashed, ready to eat greens in the plastic tubs.  I normally feel this is such a waste, but it has been WONDERFUL on the Plan.  I grab a couple of handfuls, throw it in a bowl, cut up my half apple and 1/4 avocado and toss in some seeds and I am good to go.  SO FAST AND EASY.

Snack -

Carrots with 2 Tbsp RAW ALMOND BUTTER.  Now, I assumed this would be thick and hard as so many nut butters are.  And, at 16 bucks a jar, I resented having to buy it to begin with and was sure I would be annoyed when eating it.  (I have since learned from Lyn-Genet's Facebook page that there is a much less costly version at Trader Joe's) but when that stuff hit my lips, I was a goner.  So. Good.  And not at all hard or gritty.  Just plain almondy goodness in an easy to spread butter. {drool}  THIS SNACK MADE MY DAY.

Dinner -

Chicken with Apple Bourbon Sauce?  Are you kidding me?  Bourbon was neither on the shopping list nor is it something we keep in the house.  I don't want to cook with bourbon and at this point, I was tired and grouchy from the epic Costco trip.  Thankfully, there were leftovers from the night before in the fridge, so Italian Herbed Chicken and my onion, beet, carrot blend...so leftovers it was!

And my water?  Yeah, I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment